08 September 2008

i think i may have done this before~

My friend, Rachel W., tagged me to write six weird things about myself. I think I may have done this awhile back, but I can't resist
talking about myself
a friend's request, so I thought I'd oblige...


1. I have two metal Herrington Rods and nine screws in my back from when I had scoliosis surgery at the age of ten. I also have a little card I carry with me explaining this situation in the event I am ever mistaken as a terrorist at the airport.


2. My weirdest pregnancy craving ever was the two week period when I was pregnant with Anna that I craved cheese balls and chocolate milk for breakfast every morning. That actually sounds pretty good right about now, too.


3. Both of my parents names are Terry. This made for some teasing in elementary school. Then, my Mom decided to go by Te-ri', to avoid confusion, I think, but it sounds like "tree" said with an extreme southern accent, so this didn't really help me out so much.


4. My parents are four years, five months, and 27 days apart in age. Glen and I are four years, five months, and 25 days apart in age. I'm a numbers person, so I always thought that was kind of weird.


5. I LOVE organizing. (Probably comes with the OCD thing.) Like, I love it in a way that anytime I hear of a professional organizer, I get all mad and frustrated because I'm thinking I could do that and would be way better than them and get this super weird competitive thing going on that is absolutely ridiculous. Especially because I probably wouldn't be so great at the people part of that job as my organization method involves living in extreme simplicity, so my main modus operandi would be to get rid of pretty much everything. I have no patience for clutter. It makes me super angry. This is definitely tied to growing up in a home that could, in all seriousness, be on one of those "Help, I'm a Hoarder" shows. I see those commercials for under the bed organizers and vaccum seal closet things and want to scream, "YOU HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!!! You don't need to shrink wrap it, you need to give it away!!" This might be a Sozo area, but it actually keeps my house under control, so I don't worry about it too much :o)


6. I could have been a hermit, no problem. I love being alone. Just me, my brain, and God. Well, and my ipod. Kind weird for someone coming up on seven children, but nevertheless, I do.


Let' see, I nominate Rachel N., Heather, and Valerie...three friends that would be fun to know more about...but only if you feel like it :o) No pressure.


post signature

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hear hear to simplicity and anti-clutter! I get torn between that desire to unload, and the thrifty 'I may need this someday' mentality.
It is only my deep love for my children that prevents me from packing up all but the blocks and a few cars and maybe a doll and taking it down to the Salvation Army.

mamatutwo said...

I hope that you don't mind...I just "borrowed" Chesterton's quote at the beginning of your blog. It's on today's post on my blog. I love that quote.

"How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about arithmetic, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness." ~GK Chesterton

2012 November

2012 November