27 July 2007

home management~

One of the reasons I started this blog was to hopefully be an encouragement to other moms, particularly young moms. Life was very hard for me when I was younger (for those of you that know how young I still am...stop laughing :o) But seriously, it was. I got married at barely 17 and had my first baby a little over a year later. It was hard, I was depressed, I didn't really know how to manage my home. All of that is a whole other story that maybe I will share sometime, but my point right now is that I really have a heart for young moms, particularly in the return to Biblical womanhood and home management.

I don't really have a lot of emotional or spiritual advice. All I did, and still do, on pretty much an hourly basis is cry out to the Lord. I am a firm believer in the verses that promise the Lord will give wisdom to those that ask. I often ask the Lord for practical answers to my issues with the children and home, and I just look and listen for His answers. That is my emotional and spiritual advice in a nutshell. There are of course practical things I do for encouragement, refreshment, rest, relaxation, etc., but my thing is really practical encouragement.

I love managing my home. My daughter even wrote a funny little song about me being the "organizational mommy." (Honestly, I seriously border on OCD. I always wondered if something was wrong with me when I was growing up. You know, flip the light switch on and off until it "feels" right. That has its good and bad sides. I am learning to use the good ones and trying to overcome the not-so-good.) Anyway, six children eight and under have forced me to learn efficient home management. I love it. I am always reorganizing, de-cluttering, planning, etc. So, although I am by no means perfect, nor do I have everything down perfectly, I hope that I can be helpful to other young moms. I hope to post frequently on home management.
I call it home managment...my children probably call it serious control issues :o)

"If you want to be organized properly,
you need an organizational mommy..."
~by my sweetie Anna,
laundry/dinner helper
upstairs job checker
official baby helper
table wiper/sweeper



No comments:

"How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about arithmetic, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness." ~GK Chesterton

2012 November

2012 November