18 March 2009

(better late than never)
a typical homeschooling day~


(blushing furiously....)

I just realized that my blogger friend Christy had asked me waayyyy back at the beginning of December what a typical day of school looks like for us and what our routine is. Well, our routine gets funny every time I'm in the first or third trimester of a pregnancy (read: our day revolves around when I need a nap) so I think I'll share what our routine is like during normal life.

Keep in mind, some of this is an ideal; what we aim for. Some of it actually happens on a pretty regular basis, but some of it is just a goal and happens on a good day. Also keep in mind, what works for me, may not be what someone else should be doing. It is so easy for us to fall in the comparison trap, especially as homeschooling moms. I never want anyone to go away from here feeling like they should be doing what we're doing, unless the Holy Spirit is also leading them in that path. What our priorities and our focus looks like changes on a yearly basis, sometimes even monthly or weekly. So my main encouragement to homeschooling moms is always to first of all, seek the Lord on what His plan for your family is, talk with your husband, and if that looks different than everyone else around you....no worries :o)

post signature

No comments:

"How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about arithmetic, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness." ~GK Chesterton

2012 November

2012 November