27 April 2008

everything you ever wanted to know about anna~





Here you go, I know you've all been waiting...the next installment of

everything you ever wanted to know....



1. Anna is our oldest. She was a surprise baby in that someone wasn't quite um...diligent in taking her birth control pills (before I knew the abortificant nature of them, by the way). We were going to begin "trying" to get pregnant within the next month or two, so she was a pleasant and much desired surprise. She was born 20 days before her original due date and weighed 8# 10oz (those Hutchison genes grow some big babies!) Her name is Anna Rose, and the meaning of her name is grace, gracious, full of grace. As mostly everyone knows by now, grace is pretty much the running them of my life, so when I realized the weighty implications of her name and how appropriate it was for her and our relationship, I was so amazed and thankful at how the Father had His hand all over her life before I realized the enormity of this journey of mothering.

2. Anna could live in pajamas. She probably has the same amount of pajamas as she does regular clothes. She would wear them in public I think if she were allowed. I am constantly having to remind her to get dressed.

3. Was recently officially diagnosed with celiac disease, just like her Dad. This is a big deal for her as she's had lots of just general not-feeling-so-great for a really long time. It's a relief to finally figure out what the deal has been as celiac can cause all kinds of not-obviously-related problems. Before she was actually diagnosed, she voluntarily went off gluten along with Glen as she could tell she just felt better. For a nine year old who absolutely loves pizza, rolls, and all things bread related, this was a gigantic red flag for us that there was something there. In the course of having her tested, we found out she is double-gened for celiac, meaning Glen and I both gave her a gene (at least one predisposing celiac gene is found in up to 81% of the general American population) and all of her children will have at least one. Her particular genetic material is only found in 9% of celiacs and is a more Southern European/Mediterranean gene. Just kind of interesting to know...

4. Loves to sing and dance, usually at the same time. She is pretty talented I think and has great stage presence. Yes, she does like Hannah Montana, but is not nearly so infatuated after learning a great lesson last summer about the dangers of obsessing and allowing something to take the place of God in your life. Although, she was quite interested to learn recently, that due to random chance, she was born in the hospital room at our local hospital generally reserved for celebrities. Her first questions was, "Soooo...do you think, that um, maybe, um, Miley Cyrus' Mom might have had her babies in that same room?" :o)

5. Has this awesome, infectious belly laugh not typically found in girls :o) Quite interestingly, Moriah has the same laugh. They get this from their Dad who can cause an entire room to burst into hysterics just by laughing himself.

6. Really, really likes to be in charge. A lot. I am greatly looking forward to the day when she has mastered this quality with grace.

7. Is my right hand man...um, er...girl. Her "job" around her is to help me. As she likes to be in charge, she mostly thrives in this role, but I do have to be careful to not put too much on her. I think we're doing okay, though, in that she has recently been talking, a lot, about when we will have another baby :o)

8. Is a math whiz. I wrote about it earlier in the school year, and am glad to say she is still doing great! The short version is that I decided to switch math curriculum last October and when I gave Anna the placement test, she tested into Saxon 7/6, which is a sixth to seventh grade math. Pretty impressive for a late-birthday nine year old just starting the fourth grade!

bonus #9. Is an absolute priceless treasure. There is something different about Anna. She is an old soul. Others have noticed it and I couldn't tell you the number of people that have sought me out to tell me there is something different about her. That she carries a weight and
grounded-ness not often seen in children. She has a tremendous calling on her life and is aware of the importance of a real relationship with God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and what that means in a way I did not understand until I was much older. She understands that all of life centers around our relationship with the Father. She gets what life is really about. Sure, she has her childish ways and has a lot of growing up to do, but she gets it. She is all about seeking God and learning to hear Him speak to her. I love that girl. She has my heart, all the way, 100%. She is awesome.

1 comment:

Rachel Wilson said...

Anna has an infectious personality. She is one of those kids that even adults are drawn to. I pray thanks to God for placing your very special child into the life of my daughter!

Miss you!

"How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about arithmetic, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness." ~GK Chesterton

2012 November

2012 November