* 32oz chicken broth
* If using homemade stock, add 1tsp of Better Than Boullion or an equivalent
* 2c. water
* 1/2c. uncooked wild rice
* 1/2c. green onions finely chopped
* 1/2c. chopped or diced carrots
* 2 stalks diced celery
* 1/4c. butter
* 1/4c. coconut oil
* 3/4c. brown rice flour or any gluten free equivalent
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp all purpose seasoning (I used Carl's All Purpose Seasoning)
* 1/8 tsp pepper
* 2c. half and half (I used raw milk since that's what we have and the fat content is pretty high)
* 1/2c. cooked chicken or turkey
* 8 slices of bacon, cooked, drained, & crumbled
* In large saucepan, combine broth, water, boullion, rice, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until rice is done. There will still be a LOT of liquid. Do not drain it.
* In a medium saucepan, melt butter and coconut oil, stir in flour, salt, seasoning, and pepper. Whisk until clumps are broken up. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
* Gradually stir in milk with the butter/flour mixture and cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. You may have to whisk it pretty well. Add this creamy mixture back into the saucepan with the rice/broth/veggie mixture. Add chicken and bacon. Heat on low, stirring every once in a while, for at least a half an hour. Do not boil. Like all good soups, the flavors incorporate the longer it sits, so while I tasted it immediately and it was fabulous, I'm sure it will be even better later. This does thicken up quite a bit, so you may want to add more broth, water, or milk.
* I doubled this for my family, the given recipe is for more of a normal size pot.