06 August 2008

blessings from myr~
praying Scripture over your children~


Some of you may know my mother in law, Charlotte. All the grandchildren call her Myr. (What do you want to be called when you're a grandmother? I want to either be called Myr, Nana, or Amma, with an "ah" sound.) If you know her, you are blessed. She is completely, without a doubt, one of the most amazing woman I have ever met. She and John don't have a computer, so I don't even have to say that :o)

I am going to write a post based on these five hand written pages of Scripture Blessing that she gave to Glen and me many years ago. I found it this week as we were cleaning off our book shelves, and thought I should type it out here in case it ever gets lost. It is quite long, so I am going to backdate it, and add it to my {Encouragement}: Treasuring Your Children links.

When I say Charlotte is an amazing woman, I mean it. She married her first husband, Bob, and they had four children, whom many of you know. Between all of us, there are soon to be eighteen grandchildren. The Lord has heard and been faithful to her prayers, as all of her children and their families are following the Father, without exception. Bob died of melanoma when Glen was seven, and when Glen was twelve, she married again, to John. They tried to have children of their own, but were not able. They soon became foster parents to Jeremy and Christopher, who have severe retardation and autism. They have had them for approximately eighteen years now, and devoted their lives to taking care of them. She also has kept all of her grandchildren once a week, pretty much since they were born. The older ones don't go every week anymore, but almost all of the younger ones do. I cannot tell you what a tremendous blessing this has been to me! She has the most giving, sweetest spirit, and I am so grateful the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful family. In so many ways she has been a mother to me, as my mother and I don't really have a mother/daughter relationship.

Now you all know why Glen is so wonderful! Mothers, let us pray for our children! Let us speak life and blessing and the Word over them! The rewards are immeasurable!

I'm not sure how much time she spent on it writing out all these prayers and blessings, but it is such a treasure to us. Not only did she write this out, but she spends a fair amount of time in prayer for all of her family every morning. She reads the Word, she journals, she prays, and she writes blessings. I am blessed.


post signature




1 comment:

Patti S. said...

Wow! That is just so special. Thanks so much for sharing these. I can already see myself frequenting this post.

"How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about arithmetic, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness." ~GK Chesterton

2012 November

2012 November