14 February 2008

everything you ever wanted to know about...me!

So my friend Jennifer at Home Keeping Heart tagged me to write 6 interesting things about myself. I'm not so much into playing the tag thing "officially", plus I don't know of that many people that actually read this, so I'm just going to do the list without all the rules and tag six more people part. I will say, though, that I would love to hear six interesting/random/quirky things about Lori, Wendy, Kohana, and Crystal (I'm without my regular computer for a few days, so I will have to come back and link to Crystal), but no pressure at all, guys :o) I'd also tag Rachel, but she just did it from a different tag, so I already learned some fun stuff about her.

Here goes...

1. I had scoliosis surgery when I was ten. I have two herrington rods and nine screws in my back. The surgery made me 2 inches taller, but I never grew in height again after that. I am 5'2" which means I was fairly tall for a ten year old, but on the shorter side for an adult.

2. My parents are 4 years, 5 months, and 26 days apart in age. Glen and I are 4 years, 5 months, and 23 days apart in age.

3. Glen and I started "dating" between my junior and senior years of high school when I was 16. After only a week of "dating" (we had know each other for about 4 years and been friends for awhile), we were sitting at the playground of Bellevue Mall and had a conversation about how we knew we were going to get married. We got married 9 months later, two months after I turned 17.

4. I have serious OCD tendencies. People say that, but I really struggled with it until recently (that's what having six kids will force out of you!). My brain has to feel "symmetrical" and even or I feel very off balance and confused and cannot function very well. Seriously. I did the "turn the light switch off and on over and over until it "feels" right" kind of stuff all the time growing up and I really thought something was wrong with me. I've gotton better, but if you look at my storage room, I have six large containers of tide, all lined up facing the same direction, 4 large packages of paper towels stacked up "properly", who knows how many packages of toilet paper, diapers (in current sizes as well as future sizes), and wipes stacked up, labels facing the same direction, and all 48 Adventures in Odyssey sets, all the Hardy Boys, Boxcar Children, and any other "set" must be stacked in proper numerical order. I usually have several cases of fruits and vegetables, spaghetti sauce, chips, noodles, etc. in my pantry stacked up in order. My extra freezer has plastic containers inside of it so all the casseroles can go together, all the frozen & marinated chicken, all the veggies...you get the picture. Like I said, I have gotton better, though, as that's what six pregnancies close together will work out of you. I finally am able to let my children put things away and not make everyone's day completely miserable if it's not done perfectly. Gee...my first five children were named in alphabetical order, the boys have the same middle name, and the girls have the same middle name. Then came Haven and I finally got over some of it (Haven will go down in my personal history as the child that threw me off my track...see #6). There are still days, though....

5. I can move my pinky toes independently of the rest of my feet (which causes them to look like little aliens), as well as burp on demand. Needless to say, my boys think I am super cool :o)

6. Despite my OCD tendencies, I am notoriously bad with dates. Once again (just this morning), I sent one of my children dressed up for a school event...on the wrong day. Yes, Ethan has now joined Caleb in the "my mom embarassed me by dressing me up on the wrong day" club. At least this time it didn't involve face paint....only a toga and an ivy headband :o)

That's it. Happy Thursday :o)

2 comments:

homelover2 said...

That was so interesting!
Could you come to my house and do some organizing? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Poor little guy going all grecian on his own!

I think it is a testement to how long I've known you that I actually knew most of these things already! Wow.

Who says that having such an organized space is OCD? I just call it "the right way to do things". ;)

I'll try to post my six things soon.

"How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about arithmetic, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness." ~GK Chesterton

2012 November

2012 November