29 May 2009

the funk of selfishness~


I've been in a funk. It really started the day Grace was born. Now don't misunderstand, I've been blissfully happy, enjoying my sweet-smelling bundle of joy, most definitely. But a little part of me got grumpy the minute I realized she was on her way, and that nagging feeling of quiet frustration has been growing little by little until I realized I was moping around, quite sullen and withdrawn, and couldn't pinpoint why.

At first I though, postpartum hormones? Many of you know that I get hit with postpartum depression when my babies are 3-4 months old (Although not horribly severe, it is still depression and not fun. It helps that I've learned what my body does, can watch for it, and recently came across some information that I hope to try this time around should it sneak up on me again.) But it was too early for that. She's only six week old.


post signature

No comments:

"How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about arithmetic, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness." ~GK Chesterton

2012 November

2012 November