17 March 2009

cheesy chicken vermicelli~


Here you go! Enjoy!


Cheesy Chicken Vermicelli~

Ingredients:

**16oz (1lb) vermicelli, angel hair, spaghetti...whatever...cooked according to package directions (I use gluten free pasta and it works fine.)

**3c. (or however much you prefer) cooked chicken

**5c. shredded cheese (recipe calls for cheddar, which I usually use, but would probably be really good with parmesan, mozzarella, etc.)

**italian seasoning (use generously)

**salt and pepper

**1c. milk or half and half (I usually use 2% milk because that's what I have)

**Would probably be yummy to add squash, zucchini, or whatever sounds good.


Directions:

*Grease/spray a 9x13 casserole dish

*Mix all ingredients except milk, reserving some cheese for top.

*Just before baking, pour milk over top, add last layer of cheese.

*Cover with foil, pressing down ingredients if needed.

*Bake at 350 until heated through.


**Disclaimer: I've not actually eaten this, I've made it for the family when I'm going to be out. My husband claims everyone loves it and as he's not the kind of guy to throw out food and lie to make me feel good, I tend to believe him :o)

**Another thought....I've never frozen noodles. Have any of you? Would it work fine?




post signature

No comments:

"How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about arithmetic, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness." ~GK Chesterton

2012 November

2012 November